Wednesday, April 12, 2006

DiBruno, DeLallo, whatever. It's a great choice for a market in downtown Pittsburgh. DeLallo Bros. has been chosen as the market that will be located in the former Lazarus department store in downtown Pittsburgh. Initially the possible outlets mentioned were Giant Eagle and Whole Foods, but in the end it was the local chain that won out. DeLallo is based in Jeanette. I had previously visited one of their stores near Greensburg. It reminded me of DiBruno Bros., a store that started in the Italian Market District in Philadelphia. I previously suggested something similar would be a good match for downtown Pittsburgh (DiBruno has a location on Chestnut Street in Philly--an area with many hotels and retail stores). From my small sample, DeLallo has great products and I feel the store is the perfect match for downtown Pittsburgh. It's sure to please downtown residents, office workers and vistors.

Visit DiBruno
Visit DeLallo

No comments: