Friday, August 31, 2007

I've wanted to have a half bath on the first floor for some time now, but without tearing out the back staircase there is no room for it. There is a space under the front staircase where there's enough room for a toilet, but not a sink. I thought about having a urinal and a sink installed, but it seems a lot of bother for half the usefulness! I heard about the great toilets in Japan (where space is at a premium) with sinks on the top of the toilet tank. I presumed it was a special toilet that I'd have to ship from Japan for who knows how much, but alas, there is light! The device is rather an adjustable retrofit sink that will fit over most any toilet tank! It uses water right from the tank allowing you to pee, fush and rinse without using extra water. The best part, it's only $89 plus shipping! If you have a space that's not quite big enough, take advantage of an improvisation that Japan has known for years and save water too! LINK

No comments: